perjantai 11. syyskuuta 2026

Syyspaikkausta / Mending for fall

Tästä alunperin kirppikseltä ostetusta tikkitakista oli rikkoutunut vetoketju, joten vaihdoin tilalle uuden turkoosin vetskarin. Myös se on kirpparilta ostettu ja oli sentin pari liian pitkä ja kovin eri värinen, mutta toimii kuitenkin. Myös matkamuistohattu oli korjaamisen tarpeessa. Sen rusetti ja koristenauha olivat irtoamassa. Koristeita tarkastellessa selvisi, että ne on alunperin pääosin liimattu paikoilleen ja liima oli hapertunut. Käytin neulaa ja ompelulankaa hatun koristeiden uudelleen kiinnittämiseen.

This thrifted coat has been in use for many years and the zipper had broken. I fixed it by replacing it to a contrast colour zipper, that is also bought from a second hand shop. It is not the best sewing job ever, because it was hard to get the thick layers of the coat with all its buttons through the sewing machine. But the new zipper works now. I also had to mend the hat. The bow and ribbons of the hat had begun to fall apart, as they were originally just mostly just glued in place. I secured them with a thread and a needle and some old-fashioned hand sewing.

Ommeltu mekko on omatekoinen. 

The sewn dress is DIY.